SMSF Accountants’ Package
With the end of the accountants’ exemption just around the corner, we believe a measured approach is required for the majority of SMSF/superannuation accountants. Our package is structured to allow a seamless transition to the new licensing regime, while you continue to do what you have been doing to date.
We understand the world of an established SMSF accountant seeking an authorisation to provide advice under. You want a robust compliance framework to continue recommending the best superannuation and SMSF strategies to suit your clients.
Partnering with Libertas is for you if:
- You are already an SMSF specialist.
- Your philosophy is ‘where the client comes first’.
- You seek a licensee focused on catering for an advice offer for accountants rather than licensing you for referrals.
- The option to transition to a full AFSL at a later date is a possible consideration.
Our software forms the core of our offer – user friendly, designed for accountants and time saving. It will guide you through what is and is not under the licence, as well as provide various templates that can be customized to your individual clients. We also have a dedicated resource on hand to assist with your transition.
The Libertas licence provides the authority to give strategic and SMSF advice to:
- Establish and wind up SMSFs – advice and implementation
- Contributions advice (not fund specific)
- Transition to retirement (not fund specific)
- Retirement income streams
- Advice comparing SMSFs with other super structures
- Re-contribution strategies
- Lump sum withdrawals
- Cash flow and budgeting advice
- Death benefits (ie recommending beneficiaries) – General advice only
- Salary sacrifice
- Debt management
- Retirement projections
To obtain the Libertas accountant authority, you will need to be RG146 compliant in:
- Financial Planning
Libertas has arrangements in place to assist in this regard at a discounted rate.
If you would like to take up the option of advising on Limited Recourse Borrowing arrangements, you will also need to complete RG146 training in Margin Lending.
Your firm will receive a customised software package that guides advisers through the compliance process and produces a Statement of Advice (SOA) for your clients.
As an added feature, our software solution also contains a suite of client letter templates to use for unlicensed accounting work when you are providing tax and compliance advice.
Libertas offers a blend of your current accounting CPD requirements along with Kaplan’s online training program for your ongoing training needs.
We also have half yearly Professional Development days, with value added information and networking opportunities for accountants.
For those accountants who are RG146 qualified, we will transition you under our licence on 1 June to allow for a seamless transition. This will allow you to trial the software and utilise our dedicated resource through phone contact and via online tools. You will also receive an Induction pack and be up and running by 1 July.
- Professional Indemnity cover.
- External Dispute Resolution Scheme (CIO)
Annual fee schedule
|Adviser 1 Software and PI||$6,600 plus GST|
|Adviser 2 PI (1 software package per practice)||$4,000 plus GST|
Note: Licensee fees will be by way of a direct debit on the 15th of each month, easing cash flow implications.
If you have any queries, please call us on (02) 8004 6299 or email firstname.lastname@example.org